November already!
It's really hard to beleive that November is already here, time was seeming to go by so fast, but what a difference a day makes. Over the weekend I was feeling good about the fact that we're 2/3 through our official wait, but lo and behold, yesterday some rumors started to fly around on the Chinese adoption message boards. It seems that for several reasons, China is slowing down on the paperwork to referral process. What was approximately a six month wait is now turning into a seven or even (gasp!) an eight month wait. Based on the current new trend, it looks as if we may not get our refferral until March or April with travel to China sometime in May or June. I'm trying not to feel too blue about it all, because after all, there's nothing that can be done, but I am feeling somewhat sad :-(
On another note, our baby care class on Saturday was great!!! We learned a lot and were able to chat with a lot of other adopting parents. Daren did great with the diaper duty, and I was able to try on some different baby carriers. The highlight of the class was when a mommy brought in her beautiful seven month old baby boy for a bath. He was soooo cute! I can't wait until we get to give Lily baths. I know it's going to happen, it's just going to take a little longer, I guess.
It's Tuesday, so you know what that means? Chinese classes again tonight, yippee! It's really a lot of fun and I'm so happy we're doing this. If anything, it's helping to pass the time. Speaking of passing the time, I'm going to post our adoption timeline so that everyone can see where we are in the process. Cheers!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home