Journey to Lily 莉莉

Our journey to adopt our daughter from China

Sunday, November 20, 2005

We got a baby fix last night




Last night, our Chinese language instructor had a National Adoption Month party at her house. Fei invited all of her past and present students to her home to just hang out and get to know each other a bit more, and to of course play with some Chinese babies! It was so great!!! There were 5 babies in total incuding a set of twins that just had their first birthday earlier in the month. We were able to play with the babies and get a lot more questions answered by their parents. One of the twins was fascinated by Daren's facial hair and loved touching his goatee. Daren milked this opportunity for about twenty minutes of holding her, it was so cute! The twins were pretty much the highlight of the evening, but I think we'll be just fine with one baby for now. Twins equal twice as much work, and I think Lily will give us plenty to do! I'm attaching some pictures of us that we had to take to send with all of our paperwork to China. The Chinese government wants to see pictures of you in your home and outside of your home, so these are some that were sent to China.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Lily will be very lucky to have you guys as parents!

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey andrea,
sorry i haven't checked in awhile. i never realised how hard it is to adopt a baby, sorry that you guys have to wait even longer for the referrel from china. but i'm glad to hear that other than that everything is going great.

love always,
Reeszy (aka:lil sis)

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daren and Andrea
I am so excited for you and have been thinking of you alot. I hope that all is well and goes well. Good luck with the little china doll!!! Keep in touch.
Love ya Greg, Brenda, and Jesse Herr (here in Ephrata) Need to go camping again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home