Journey to Lily 莉莉

Our journey to adopt our daughter from China

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Keeping Busy

I haven't posted in almost a month now because...well there really isn't much to report. The last batch of referrals arrived this week from China and it was for 5-31-05 through 06-06-05, basically one week's worth of referrals for the entire month. As you know we're 7-12-05, so at this snail's pace, we could be many more months away from seeing a photo of our Lily.

We have both been really busy with work lately and Daren is currently in New York City on business. He flies home late tonight and then we are off to Fred & Donna's wedding in Palo Alto, CA this weekend. Keeping so busy has helped a lot with the wait, and since I'm going to be heavily involved with remodeling our office space this summer, I'll have plenty to keep my mind occupied. All this being said, I still think of Lily everyday and can't wait to be her mommy! :-)

Today was Take our Daughters and Sons to Work Day and our office did a "World Tour" for the kids. Basically, anyone that was from or had lived in another country represented that country and all the kids came by your office for a 5 minute talk about the country and a stamp in their "passports". Even though we haven't been to China yet, everyone encouraged me to represent China, which I thought was really nice. I decorated my office with paper lanterns, a Chinese zodiac calendar, some Chinese colorful banners and a map of the country. I told the kids about our journey and practiced a little (very little) of my Mandarin. Everyone got a fortune cookie on their way out, it was really fun! Things like this make me feel much closer to Lily and make the whole thing seem so much more real, because sometimes you just start to feel like this is never going to happen!

That's all for now!

Andrea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home