Name Translation, Pronunciation and other tidbits
Our wonderful Chinese language instructor, Fei Yang, was able to translate Lily's Chinese name today. Rui Zhen, pronounced "Ray Jen", means "auspicious (or favorable) treasure". We couldn't agree more! We are keeping Rui Zhen as her middle name(s) and made the decision probably a year and a half ago that her first name would be Lilian after Daren's beloved grandmother.
I also starting to re-review her paperwork from China and discovered a couple little tidbits about her that I had missed before. Apparently, Lily already has two teeth and under the personality box it indicates she is "restless" and "fond of imitating". Not sure what they mean about "restless" but they also state that she's a "deep sleeper". Well, I guess in a couple of months we'll be able to see for ourselves.
Still waiting for her medical records to be translated. Our agency thinks we will have the translations by next week. Her paperwork indicates that her health is "normal", but we are going to have our doctor look at the translations anyway. Not that it really matters at this point, she is our daughter already and we will deal with anything that comes our way.
I looked at the growth charts today with Cindy, and she appears to be within normal percentiles for everything except weight. On the weight chart, she's at about 95%!! Our little girl likes to mangia...just like her mommy! My mom always said that out of her three children, I always had the "healthiest appetite". Not exactly what a girl wants to hear, but I have to admit, she's right!

2 Comments:
Hi Andrea - Thanks for sending me your blog address. The experience will really be different without other JOH families with you, but you should get tons of personal attention, since you & Daren will be the only family. She's really a cutie. I'll add you to my favorites and your link to my blog.
Hello. So good to hear about your good news! Congratulations.
Greetings from hong kong,
betty
Post a Comment
<< Home