Journey to Lily 莉莉

Our journey to adopt our daughter from China

Monday, September 04, 2006

GOTCHA!!!!!

Hey everyone, Daren here! Yesterday we met Lily at 9am. She cried like crazy for about 5 mins, tiring herself out and falling asleep in Andreas arms while I did 2 hours of paperwork. She is perfect. After waking up she was smiling and giggling. Very healthy, very tall (or long) and chubby. She has 6 teeth, plenty of hair, and a furious appetite. She slept 11 hours last night. She is extremely active and curious. Likes to talk and play with toys. I am attempting to post pictures but unfortunately the hotel computers dont want to read my card drive and my cell phone wont sent pics in Yunnan. We managed to do it in Beijing, but for some reason not here.
Anyway, everything is great. This morning we took her to breakfast in the hotel and she gobbled water mellon, rice cereal and basically everything in her way. Funny!
More to come..............
PS thanks for all the well wishes.

16 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! We've been waiting to hear how everything went and are so glad to know that you all are doing so well! Enjoy getting to know that sweet baby and love every minute of the beautiful place she's from. Buy everything in sight b/c you'll regret not getting it once you're gone!! We all can't wait to meet her as well. Take care, and we'll be waiting for more updates as you're able.
-Amy, David, & Madison

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I (we too) can't wait to see Lily! I think Claire and Lily will be best friends! XXOO Caitlin, Mommy, Daddy and Claire too!

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you actually have her. I am so used to talking about her, and now she is finally where she belongs. I love her so much already and I haven't even met her yet. Give her kisses from me, and tell her that her Aunt T is going to spoil her rotten! Love you ALL. Aunt T

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyday the news is better and better. Cindy is keeping me well informed on the progress. Enjoy these special days bonding together, you can share lots of pics when you get to Guangzhao or back home. Again, Bob and I are so happy for you and Miss Lilly. Hugs and Love, Sandy

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU are parents. Congratulations!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger betty chan said...

congrats new daddy and mommy!
hello to lily :) waiting for photos to come

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm an auntie of a sweet little girl named Lily.
You now have a reason to visit SoCal and let us get to know your new addition to the family.

Mama Looch

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Andrea and Daren. can't wait to see a picture!!!!
Dale, Denise and Keelyn

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you! Thanks for letting us take part in your "journey". Travel safe, and we look forward to meeting Lily!

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The road to our kids may have been detoured but worth the trip. Welcome to the family, Lily!
XOXOXOXOXOXO

Debbie, Mark & Noelle

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Congratulations you three! Now that you are at the end everthing can begin. Wishing you safe travels.

Carrie

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Congratulations. Can't wait to see some pictures of Lily. Did you go through JotH? I forget which of my blog buddies are going through them, since no one has them as a luink, I'm not sure.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you guys--CANNOT WAIT to meet her. I will whip her up a bathtub full of rice cereal and just stick her in it! Glad to hear she is happy and seems to like you--! We will be there to greet her in Oregon. Love you guys--Lyndsey, John and Miller

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checked in.
AWSOME NEWS! Mazal tov!

The fun is just beginning. Have a wonderful time becomming a family. I'm reliving it all.

Michael, Rebecca and Claire YongXuan

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear things are going well - Mom & Dad. Has it sunk in yet?! LOL

Sounds like she's healthy and wonderful. We can't wait to meet her. Safe travels.

John, Caterina & Ginger

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Im an Uncle!! Kerayzee. The whole things unbelievable and how the dates coincided with Mum and Dads trips fab.
Love Julian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home