Journey to Lily 莉莉

Our journey to adopt our daughter from China

Friday, September 01, 2006

We're in China-Beijing Day 1 & 2









Well, we made it. After 3 flights and hours of flying, we landed in Beijing yesterday afternoon. So far it's been wonderful! Our guide, Marsha, and her newphew Li Chung, have taken us to the Summer Palace, The Great Wall, to lots of good shopping and restaurants. The jet lag hasn't been too bad and it helped that we both slept 5+ hours on the 15 hour leg. Here are some photos of our first two days here, and only three more days until we meet Lily!

10 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! What fun for you, glad you took the time to post. Sandy

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! You all made it! What fun! We keep watching for updates! Have a great time! Carole, Rob, Caitlin and Claire

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said...

Thank you for sharing your journey and every precious moment of it. Best of luck to the THREE of you!!! Can't wait to see Lily in your arms.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Lily! I can't wait to play with her! I think Claire and Lily will be best friends! Love, Caitlin (assistance by Mommy), Claire's big Sissy

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so happy you are made it safely. I am counting down the days. Lily is going to be so happy to see her mom and dad.Congragulations again and have a safe trip. I love you both so much words can't explain, and I am so happy to give that love to Lilian. tara

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not long now! It sounds like you're having a fantastic time.
Love
Ash & Kim xxx

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant believe you were on the great wall!!! That is AMAZING!!!!!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh...I just had an emotional surge. You know the tears are rolling... I am so happy you're home and home safe and HAPPY! Love all those pics and everyone looks so well rested after all that travel, how do you do it? (Photoshop...LOL) Cindy is a GREAT friend...gotta love her, give her a big hug and thank her for taking such good care of my friends. Can't wait to see the little girl...and Lily too. :') I miss you guys soooo much. LUV YA, Mike

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you. Lily is beautiful. Please call me. We don't have your number. All your Chicago family wants to hear her voice.
Love,

Aunt Yolanda

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea!!!

I haven't checked you site in awhile and was just telling someone today about your journey. I am so excited to hear that you have your Lily home!! She is beautiful and looks very healthy and happy. Congratulations and you will see how rewarding parenthood is (not always easy, but always rewarding, especially when they say, "I love you mommy.") I'm very happy for you both!

Love,
Stephanie DeAugustine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home